Postgraduate Student Award timeline
In general, the Fulbright Awards competition for British citizens follows the below timeline. Candidates must make their own independent applications to US institutions.
Applications for 2022-2023 are now open.
For the 2022-23 awards:
- 9th August 2021: Applications open.
- 8th November 2021: Application deadline.* Please note that extensions are not granted and we will not accept applications via email.
- Early February 2022: Interview shortlist released, and all applicants are notified of their application status, including unsuccessful applicants. Please contact the Commission for an update only if you have not heard from us by the end of the first week of February. We will not be providing status updates otherwise.
- Mid-February 2022: Interviews will be held in London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast (exact dates in each location will be confirmed in your interview invitation). It is the responsibility of the applicant to be available for interview on the date and at the time allocated and to cover the associated costs. You will be given at least one week's notice to prepare for the interview.
- End of March 2022: All interviewed candidates will be notified of the result of interviews. Unsuccessful candidates will also be notified at this time.
- April 2022: Finalists are invited to the Finalists’ Workshop in London.
- April-July 2022: Fulbright and J-1 visa paperwork.
- Late June-July 2022: Fulbright Pre-Departure Orientation in London.