Distinguished Awards in Teaching Programme for International Teachers
This programme brings British teachers and/or education professionals to the United States for a semester to pursue individual or group projects, audit courses for professional development at a host university, and observe and share their expertise with teachers and students.
The Distinguished Award in Teaching Program for International Teachers runs for approximately five months (August 2024 to December 2024) and includes:
- Travel costs (international and some domestic)
- Accommodation, maintenance allowance, and meal stipend
- Opportunity to participate an End of Program workshop in Washington DC
- Sickness and accident coverage
- Visa guidance
- Pre-departure support
- Support in the USA
- Access to a global alumni network of collaborative engagement and cultural diplomacy, with over 300,000 academically and professionally accomplished members.
- Contribution of up to £15,000 to the awardee's employer school to help with the cost of covering the teachers position for five months
Please note, applications are currently closed.
To be eligible to apply for a Distinguished Award in Teaching, applicants must:
- Be full-time primary and secondary educators, including classroom teachers, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, library media specialists, special education coordinators, administrators and others who spend at least half of their time interacting with students
- Have five years of full-time teaching experience or working with students in another capacity
- Have a proven track record of professional development activities and leadership
- Be citizen and resident of participating Fulbright DAI country
- Meet other requirements as indicated in the application
How to apply
UK Distinguished Teaching Awards application instructions
Please review the application guide before your start your online application. This is also where you'll find the link to apply.
The online application, via IREX, is used by Fulbright programmes around the world. Refer to the application guide for any questions you have while completing the application. Please note that we are using the online application only and you do not have to check in with the Commission first to confirm this. The online application will require you to upload the following additional documents:
You will also need to complete this Supplemental Form, in addition to the online application. This is a requirement for your application to be considered eligible.
Fulbright Awards Webinar: Distinguished Awards in Teaching for International Teachers