The University of North Carolina Wilmington, one of North Carolina’s 16 public universities, is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability.
At UNCW students enjoy a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry, critical thinking and thoughtful expression in a beautiful campus setting.
As North Carolina's coastal university, UNCW offers a unique array of academic programs including Marine Biology, Environmental Studies, and Coastal and Ocean Policy. UNCW offers more than fifty undergraduate degrees, over forty Master’s programs, along with four doctoral programs.
Our values encompass a profound belief in excellence, diversity, integrity and innovation, and a profound determination to put students and our community first.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT range: 25-28
- Average SAT range: 1200-1310
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Nursing; Oceanography; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: http://uncw.edu/academics/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost: $39,900
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Golf; Men's Golf; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Women's Tennis