New York University, founded in 1831, has grown to become the largest independent research university in the U.S., and is now one of the most influential universities in the world.
A truly global university, NYU is comprised of three degree-granting campuses in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai, in addition to 12 academic centers and exchange programs in cities around the world. Our campus locations in the world’s idea capitals afford unparalleled internship, research, and experiential learning opportunities.
Frequent student-faculty interaction is made possible by a student-faculty ratio of only 9:1. Our diverse student body – representing 130 countries – enjoys a vibrant campus environment, with over 400 student organizations and a multitude of recreational activities.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York City, New York
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 27%
- Average ACT range: 28-32
- Average SAT range: 1900-2140 (with writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Linguistics; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Music; Oceanography; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/majors-and-programs.html
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $76,182
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III