Harvard College is the coeducational undergraduate program of Harvard University. Its private, four-year liberal arts programme offers 3,500 courses in more than 40 fields of specialization leading to the Bachelor’s degree.
Located on 216 acres in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Harvard College is home to 6,600 undergraduates, coming from all 50 states and more than 80 countries, from every ethnic and religious background and from across the economic spectrum.
Admission is based on achievement and promise without regard to financial need. Nearly 60% of undergraduates receive our need-based financial aid, which is available to non-citizens and citizens on exactly the same basis. For more information: https://college.harvard.edu/admissions.
In addition there are twelve professional graduate schools for degrees beyond the Bachelor’s Degree. More information on graduate programs can be found at www.harvard.edu.
- University website: https://college.harvard.edu/admissions
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 5%
- Average ACT range: N/A
- Average SAT range: N/A
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Oceanography; Paleontology; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://college.harvard.edu/academics/fields-study/concentrations
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $78,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Women's Rugby; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling; Men's Fencing; Women's Fencing; Women's Skiing; Men's Skiing; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo