Franklin & Marshall College is a small liberal arts college located in Lancaster, PA.
We are a global community, representing 47 states and 46 countries, of about 2,300 students. F&M has one of the highest enrollments of international students among baccalaureate colleges in the US. As a liberal arts college we emphasize exploration of multiple disciplines with over 60 areas of study to choose from. With a 9:1 student to faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, our students receive the individualized attention they are seeking while having all of the resources of a large research institution.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 32%
- Average ACT score: 30
- Average SAT score: 1340
- Test optional? Only for international students speaking English as a first language or for the last three years in school.
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; English; Environmental Sciences; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; International Relations; Law; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.fandm.edu/academics
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid, F&M meets 100% of every family's institutionally-determined need for all four years
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $70,299
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo; Men's Wrestling