In the heart of Boston, Boston University serves as a standard for research, academic excellence, and passion to pursue knowledge without limits.
BU students choose from more than 300 academic programs and benefit from extensive research and internship opportunities, in Boston and around the globe. With 90% of students completing at least one internship while at BU, it’s no surprise that the University is ranked #14 for most employable graduates.
A diverse student body from 50 states and nearly 100 countries around the world comes together to create a vibrant community on campus, and a network of more than 300,000 alumni in 189 countries.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 19%
- Average ACT score: 32-35 (without writing included)
- Average SAT score: 1420-1530 (without writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Design; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Geography; History; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.bu.edu/admissions/academics/programs/majors/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $76,656
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis