Located on a beautiful residential campus in southern Vermont, Bennington College offers a distinctive, self-directed liberal arts education: the Plan Process.
At Bennington, learning and making are inseparable. Students design their own academic program drawing from courses in 45 areas of study. They develop ideas in the classroom, and then test those ideas where it counts—through hands-on work in the world during Bennington’s annual Field Work Term. The result is a learning experience free of artificial barriers where students imagine, shape, and pursue their best work. Alumni are Pulitzer Prize winners, Emmy Award winners, culture-creators and change-makers. 17% of students are international. Applicants are eligible for merit-based and need-based financial aid regardless of citizenship.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Bennington, Vermont
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 60%
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Architecture; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Museum Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.bennington.edu/academics/areas-of-study
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid, Merit/talent based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $74,964