Building on a 160-year history as an innovative institution, Bard College's mission has expanded around the world to meet broader student needs.
Approximately 1900 undergraduates study on the 1000-acre campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY but many students take advantage of the opportunities outside the region through Bard’s international campuses and partnerships.
The undergraduate program retains a reputation for civic engagement. The College is committed to enriching public life and democratic discourse through education and action. Bard runs one of the largest prison education programs in the U.S. and eight public high school early colleges.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Annandale-on-Hudson, New York
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 40%
- Average ACT score: 29
- Average SAT scores: Reading 640, Math 620
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics and Finance; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Museum Studies; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Environmental and Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.bard.edu/undergraduate/programs/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $75,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Soccer; Women's Soccer; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Men's Squash; Women's Squash