The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information when you register, or express your interest, in our events:
- Your name, address, telephone number, mobile number and/or email address, along with your preferences as to how we should contact you in the future
- Information about your plans to study in the United States
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To register, or express interest in, registering for an event and to enable you to attend the event.
We may also collect data about your attendance at our events from our event platforms.
We use the information that you have given us in order to administer and deliver the event you have requested to attend, understand how we can improve the services we offer and keep a record of your activity with us.
We may share this information with EducationUSA if you are from outside of the UK. For those outside of the UK, we will only share your personal information with your local EducationUSA team where you have given consent for us to do so.
For those inside the UK, we will only add you to our mailing list where you have given us permission to do so.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org,uk
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in our IT systems and that of our event platforms (Zoom and Hopin).
We keep your personally identifying information for four years. We will then dispose your information by removing personal data from our systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Our contact details
Name: US-UK Fulbright Commission
Address: Unit 302, 3rd Floor Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk