This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you visit or use our website.
As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what doesn’t. We collect and process your data for the purposes of providing information and our services in the public interest.
We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
When we collect information about you, what we collect and how we use it
We collect information every time you interact with us. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
For example, we may collect information when you:
- Fill out a survey
- Join our mailing lists
- Apply for an award or programme
- Make an enquiry about our programmes or awards or about studying in the USA
- Register to attend one of our events
- Donate to us
- Volunteer with us
The information we may collect from the above interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, address, telephone number, mobile number and/or email address, along with your preferences as to how we should contact you in the future
- Financial and credit card information which you give to us, including your gift aid status
- Information you enter onto our website, application forms or surveys
- Records of your correspondence with us
- Records of your donation history
- Images, photographs or video if you take part in an event with us
- Details of your visit to the website, including technical information such as the IP address you use to access the website, your browser type and version
- Other details relevant to your communications with us
We will mainly use the data we collect to:
- Provide you with the services, products or information you asked for – for example, monthly newsletters about studying in the USA
- Administer your application and award or place on our programmes
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Manage your communication preferences, including marketing preferences
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
- Keep you up to date with the Commission’s work and to ask for financial and non-financial support
- Support and further our mission (for example we may with your consent use images, photographs or video in marketing or promotional materials)
Visitors to our website – information collected automatically
When someone visits Fulbright.org.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
How long we keep your data for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and the appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us. We won’t keep any information that we don’t need.
Sharing your information with other parties
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may allow our suppliers to access and use your personal data to allow them to perform services on our behalf (e.g. payment processing). In these circumstances, we will not give these organisations any rights to use your personal information except to provide services to us and in accordance with our instructions.
Signing up to our mailing list/s
If you give us consent, we may collect your information to sign up for our mailing list/s. Our purpose for collecting the information is so we can send you information about our events, advice and programmes. The legal basis we rely on for processing your personal data is your consent under article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
How to unsubscribe:
You may withdraw your consent to be on our mailing list at any time. There will be a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of any emails you receive through this mailing list. If you have signed up to multiple mailing lists from the US-UK Fulbright Commission, you will need to unsubscribe using this process for each of them. If you wish to unsubscribe by another means, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In either case, we’ll update our records immediately to reflect your wishes.
Do we use any data processors?
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor target our services to children under 13.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
You have the right to request, free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information,
- that we cease or limit our processing of your personal data, and
- a copy of your personal information held by us in a portable format.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address set out below.
If you have any complaints about the way your data has been handled, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113.
Conditions of use
The use of our website is governed by the laws of England. In accessing our website, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the website
Changes to this policy
The US-UK Fulbright Commission may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
How to contact us
You can write to us by completing our contact us page or by post to:
US-UK Fulbright Commission,
Unit 302, 3rd Floor Camelford House,
89 Albert Embankment,