The Fulbright Elon University Award allows academics and professionals to teach and pursue independent research in any subject area offered by the university.
Elon University is consistently cited as one of today’s greatest success stories in American higher education. With a spirit of innovation, a strong student-centered mission and a commitment to excellent teaching, Elon provides a national model for high-impact educational experiences.
Throughout its 130-year history, Elon’s core values have remained constant, with an emphasis on close, personal relationships among faculty, staff and students and a genuine attitude of inclusion and collegiality.
Daily events, social gatherings and sidewalk conversations are the hallmarks of Elon’s friendly, caring and welcoming academic community. People at Elon care deeply about the university, and they have a strong sense of loyalty and compassion for one another.
This grant can cover one semester or one full academic year.
The award supports, in particular, those with interest in advancing the practice and/or study of engaged pedagogies within a community of nationally recognized teacher-scholars.
Grantees typically teach two relevant courses per semester within Elon's list of disciplines. They also pursue their research at Elon or at nearby universities such as the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill or Duke University. Elon offers a library loan programme with these and other nearby institutions.
- Stipend: $5,000 per month*
- Housing: Private bedroom in The Iseley International House (at no cost)
- The Iseley International House is a shared, three-bedroom, two-bathroom house used by the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center to a) host visiting international faculty, staff and scholars, and b) to build community among Elon’s international community. Visiting Fulbright scholars have a private bedroom but share the full kitchen, laundry room, two bathrooms and other living spaces with one or two other residents.
- University support: full-time faculty equivalent
- Visiting Fulbright scholars have access to all of the resources available to full-time faculty and staff, including library access, gym and wellness facilities, and events hosted by the Office of Leadership and Professional Development and the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning.
*This is intended as a contribution towards any institutional fees and accommodation & maintenance costs while in the USA.