There are many ways to stay involved with the Fulbright community after your grant has ended, please explore the options below. Have a new idea for the alumni network? Contact us.
- Alumni mailing list – let us know if you would like to be added to the alumni mailing list to receive regular email updates with Commission news and information, event invitations, and other initiatives.
- Fulbrighter – Fulbrighter is the first exclusive online connection tool and app for the global Fulbright community. Connect with other Fulbrighters around the globe, access jobs and professional opportunities, find exclusive Fulbright events in your area, and more. Download Fulbrighter by visiting the website and download the app via Google Play or the Apple store.
- Events – The Commission and Fulbright alumni host regular events, which are listed on our website, on the Fulbrighter App, Alumni Bulletin, or get in touch with your local Alumni Council member to be involved in events regionally.
- Alumni Council – The mission of the US-UK Fulbright Alumni Council is to build, sustain and serve the alumni network. Council members take an active role in planning and delivering the overall programme of activities for alumni. They are expected to be involved in local activities, attend quarterly meetings by teleconference, as well as one planning day per year within the UK. The Council strives to maintain regional balance across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Elections are held each year in April. If you are interested in participating, please send us your name and location and we will contact you before the next election cycle with further details.
- Reading Panels – Each grant application we receive is read by three individuals, and alumni involvement on our Reading Panels is crucial to the process. Readers are asked to review, evaluate, and return no more than 15 applications in three weeks.
- Alumni Panels – Share your Fulbright experience with new Fulbrighters or those interested in US study by sitting on an Alumni Panel. The Commission puts on several panels throughout the year.
- Fulbright Association – The Fulbright Association represents all US-based alumni and advocates for the programme in the US government. If you are located in the US, reach out and join your local Fulbright Association chapter!
- Stand for Fulbright – Core funding provided by the US and UK governments is crucial to our programme and Fulbright alumni are our strongest advocates. You can help make the case for continued support for the Fulbright programme.
- Fulbright Friends - The Fulbright Friend mentoring scheme offers alumni the opportunity to welcome, connect with and befriend new Fulbrighters, to help them get the most out of their time in the UK.