EducationUSA resources for US universities
EducationUSA helps US higher education professionals connect with British students and institutions.
The best resource for US higher education professionals looking to connect with and recruit international students is the EducationUSA website.
Through EducationUSA, you can:
- Access 170 country fact sheets
- Advertise events
- Promote financial aid opportunities
- Post campus news stories
We reach a lot of students with our outreach and events. The largest of these is:
- USA College Day, the largest US recruitment fair in Europe
- Webinars: we organise monthly webinars on a range of topics and invite universities to take part in presenting.
Other ways we can support you:
- Promotion: If you are organising an event in the UK, please get in touch and we would be happy to help promote it!
- Consultation calls: Email us if you would like to arrange a call with our team for advice about recruitment in the UK.
If you would like to be involved with these events or would like additional support, please contact our EducationUSA team.
UK educational system
The English, Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh educational systems are in a period of transformation. Official guidance can be found below:
- UK government: GCSE reform (England only)
- UK government: A-level reform (England only)
- Scottish government: new Scottish qualification guidance
- Northern Ireland and Wales are retaining the previous format of GCSEs and A-levels, but have made slight curriculum changes:
UCAS (the Universities and College Admissions Service) administers all applications to British universities. They have a suite of resources in response to how UK universities will use the new qualifications.
UK qualifications and accreditation
If you need to independently verify a high school qualification or a university, the following UK government resources are useful:
- Register of Regulated Qualifications
- SQA Accreditation (Scottish high school qualifications)
- List of recognised higher education institutions
Although many students in the UK sit GCSE and A-levels or Scottish qualifications, there is a significant uptake of the International Baccalaureate and Cambridge International Examinations qualifications, details of which can be found below:
There are a number of organisations that are excellent resources for connecting US and UK universities: