Located in Canton, New York, St. Lawrence University is a private liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students, founded in 1856.
The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet.
Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, and tap their full potential as they embrace the natural environment, engage with global challenges, and experience the relevance and adventure of a liberal arts education in a complex and changing world.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Canton, New York
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 48%
- Average ACT score: 28
- Average SAT score: 1280 (without writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; English; Environmental Sciences; Gender Studies; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://www.stlawu.edu/academics
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $68,980
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Equestrian; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Skiing; Women's Skiing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball