Joliet Junior College
Joliet Junior College is the very first public community college in the United States, founded in 1901.
Located just 72 km outside the city of Chicago, Joliet Junior College (JJC) has six campuses and education centers that serve approximately 27,000 students annually. JJC’s academic pathways offer customized, affordable certificate and associate degree options for immediate career placement, as well as seamless transfer capabilities through its partners across Illinois and throughout the U.S. Some of JJC’s partner schools also offer guaranteed admission, making it easier for students to get into the school of their choice.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Joliet, Illinois
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public, Community College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 100%
- Average ACT score: N/A
- Average SAT score: N/A
- Test optional?: Yes, test flexible.
- Common Application accepted?: No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance, Agriculture, Anthropology, Architecture, Area Studies, Art History, Arts, Astronomy, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Design, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Education, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Film/Cinema Studies, Gender Studies, Geography, Geology, History, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Humanities, Information Sciences/Systems, International Relations, Journalism, Labour/Industrial Relations, Languages, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Museum Studies, Music, Nursing, Nutrition, Philosophy, Physics, Physiology, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Public Relations/Affairs, Social Work, Sociology, Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: https://jjc.edu/academics
- International students are eligible for: General scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $21,008
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Men's Football / Soccer, Women's Football / Soccer, Women's Volleyball, Men's Wrestling