Founded in 1908, James Madison University is a public university in Harrisonburg, Virginia that blends the resources of a larger research-based university with the personal experience often found at smaller liberal arts schools.
Students enjoy engaged relationships with world-class faculty who prioritize teaching. Community members hold doors open for each other and professors will learn your name the first day of class.
Shenandoah National Park sunrises. Massanutten Resort ski runs. JMU arboretum strolls. Reddish Knob sunsets. Our location will take your breath away.
Expect to be challenged. Expect to be supported. Expect to surprise yourself.
- Region: South
- Location: Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 78%
- Average ACT score: N/A
- Average SAT score: N/A
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art History, Arts, Astronomy, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dance, Design, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Education, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Film/Cinema Studies, Gender Studies, Genetics, Geography, Geology, History, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Humanities, Information Sciences/Systems, International Relations, Journalism, Languages, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Military Sciences, Music, Neuroscience, Nursing, Nutrition, Philosophy, Physics, Physiology, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Public Relations/Affairs, Social Work, Sociology, Theology/Religion, Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: https://www.jmu.edu/academics/undergraduate/majors/index.shtml
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $46,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports:Men's American Football, Women's Athletics / Track and field, Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Women's Cross Country, Women's Field Hockey, Men's Football / Soccer, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Women's Lacrosse, Women''s Swimming and Diving, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Women's Volleyball