Central Michigan University, a nationally ranked institution that fosters the transformative power of advanced learning while embracing a sense of community among our students, faculty, staff and more than 235,000 alumni around the world.
Our student and faculty researchers help preserve the earth's resources, discover new ways to treat diseases, advance innovative ways to improve teaching and learning methods, and much more.
Our alumni are doctors, physical therapists and physician assistants. They are CEOs, lawyers and policymakers. They are top broadcasters and journalists, fashion designers and teachers.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 80%
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance, Art History, Arts, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Dance, Design, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Education, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Geology, History, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Information Sciences/Systems, International Relations, Journalism, Languages, Law, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Meteorology, Music, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Relations/Affairs, Social Work, Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://go.cmich.edu/academics/Undergraduate/Find_Program/Pages/default.aspx
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $25,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football, Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Women's Basketball, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Women's Field Hockey, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Women's Gymnastics, Men's Lacrosse, Women's Volleyball, Men's Wrestling