Virtual UK Summer School Fair 2021: Frequently Asked Questions
The UK Summer School Fair is an ideal way to learn more about studying in the UK for a few weeks during the Summer, and to find out more on funding and how to apply. Our guide helps you get the most out of attending the event.
About the event
- What is the UK Summer School Fair?
- Where will the event be held? How do I access the platform?
- How do I use the fair platform?
- Which universities will be exhibiting at the UK Summer School Fair?
- How should I prepare for the event?
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
- When should I enter the fair?
- I can't attend the event. What should I do?
- I am a student/adviser interested in attending the UK Summer School Fair. Do I need to register in advance?
- How much does it cost to attend?
- How many tickets should I register for?
Summer schools are a really good first step for many students – these short-term programmes are more affordable, and it can provide the student with the knowledge, networks and confidence to pursue longer term opportunities in the future. Sponsored by USA Study Abroad, the US-UK Fulbright Commission is hosting a free virtual UK Summer School Fair for HBCU students and administrators in a bid to encourage students to pursue cultural exchange in the UK. Students and advisors can:
- Learn about scholarships available for the US-UK Fulbright Summer Institutes Programme, along with some top tips on how students can make a competitive application
- Advisors can find out how to support their students in applying for Fulbright Scholarship opportunities, by speaking with a representative from IIE
- Hear from US students who have attended a Summer School in the UK, and have the opportunity to ask them questions
- Find out more about UK University offerings, by visiting a selection of University representatives in their virtual booths
- Ashleigh Brown-Grier, founder and CEO of International HBCU Xchange, Inc., will speak about her experience as Fulbrighter and what motivates her to encourage students from HBCUs to seek international exchange.
The event will be held as a virtual fair, on the Hopin platform. This platform can be accessed through your browser (it works best on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and does not require you to download any programmes or apps. Attendees should receive a video on how to use the platform ahead of the event (also available below).
You’ll need to accept your registration to gain access. If you don't see your registration email from Hopin by 6pm on Monday 1st November, check your email spam/junk folders. If it's not there, email us.
Watch our short attendee video on how to use Hopin:
The following Fulbright UK Summer Institutes will be attending:
- Aberystwyth University
- University of Bristol
- Glasgow School of Art and University of Strathclyde Glasgow
Summer Schools at other UK Universities will also be attending:
Visit International HBCU Xchange Inc. who are committed to providing knowledge and awareness about international exchange opportunities.
Exclusively for advisors: find out how you can support your students in applying for Fulbright scholarship opportunities, by speaking with a representative from the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Discover the event schedule here.
To get the most out of the Summer School Fair, you could spend some time before the day reviewing our Fulbright UK Summer Institutes pages to familiarize yourself with the programme. Be sure to take a look at our top tips on what to do before, during and after the fair.
You may wish to have a notebook and pen to hand to make notes as you speak to university reps.
Your personalised link (sent to you the day before the fair) will provide you with access to the platform at 3pm (UK time). Please note that the event takes place at 3.00 pm UK time. Please make sure to convert to your own time zone.
If you cannot attend, please register your interest here and we will add you to our UK Summer Institute mailing list, where you will receive news, info and updates about the programme.
Yes! To receive your access link for the Summer School Fair, each person in your party must register in advance.
The Summer School Fair is free.
Each individual person in your party will need to register. If you do not register, you will not receive an access code for the event. Please do not submit multiple registrations under your name.