Please note: Many postgraduate programmes in the US do not offer January / Spring semester admissions. Please check with your university(s) to be sure they accept new students into your programme of interest for Spring semester.
1 Year Before Enrolment (Winter/Early Spring)
8-3 Months Before Enrolment (Late Spring-Early Autumn)
- Determine whether you are required to sit an admissions test, such as the GRE, GMAT, LSAT or MCAT. If so, register for the exam and begin studying. Read our advice on how to prepare for the exam.
- Finalise your selection of 6 - 8 universities. Visit the universities' websites and note application requirements, deadlines and funding options to help you make a personalised application timeline.
- Download and begin university admissions and funding applications. Start with the areas you have least control over, such as arranging for reference letters or a transcript.
- Submit your university admissions applications. Most deadlines will fall between mid-October/Early November to December. However, deadlines will vary from programme to programme.
- Please note applications for MBA programmes have three rounds (Round One: October-November; Round Two: December-February; Round Three: March-April).
Lead up to Enrolment (Late Autumn)
- Late November/ Early December: Receive admissions decisions by post or e-mail. Notify the universities of your decision, pay a non-refundable deposit to hold your place and apply for your visa.
- Read the pre-departure information section to prepare for your arrival in the US.
- Early-Mid January: Begin study in the US!