Tax Forms

Please note that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the official source of information about US taxes, and your university’s international office will be a great resource when filing for taxes.  Any information the IRS or your international office provide will supersede what is on this webpage. This webpage is meant merely to provide a starting point for your own research into tax issues in the US and is not in any way meant to be taken as official tax advice.

In order to know which form to file, please be sure to read the FAQs.

Form 8843: Statement for Exempt Individuals

Form 1040NR: U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return

1040NR-EZ: Simplified version of Form 1040NR if you qualify

Form W-4: Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

Form W-2: Wage and Tax Statement

Form W-7: Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number

Form 843: Claim for Refund.

Form 8316: Information Regarding Request for Refund of Social Security Tax Erroneously Withheld on Wages Received by a Nonresident Alien on an F, J, or M Type Visa