Announcing Fulbright Awards for UK citizens 2019-20
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the 2019-20 Postgraduate and Scholar Awards.
Fulbright Awards provide generous grants for study, research and teaching in the United States. The All Disciplines category of awards provide funding for individuals to pursue any academic subject at any accredited US higher education institution. The Commission also offers a variety of awards in specific subjects and at specific institutions in the US.
The Fulbright Commission will begin accepting applications for the 2019-20 awards competition on 1 August 2018. The deadline to apply is 10am Tuesday, 6 November 2018.
Postgraduate awards are available in the following categories:
- All Disciplines Postgraduate Award
- Alistair Cooke Journalism Award
- British Friends of Harvard Business School MBA Award
- Brown University Postgraduate Award
- Elsevier Data Analytics Award
- Executive Master of Public Administration Award at NYU Wagner
- Hubert H Humphrey School Award in Public Policy, Affairs and Planning
- Indiana University LLM Award
- Lloyds of London Postgraduate Award
- Nursten Postgraduate Award in Medical Studies
- Sir Cyril Taylor Memorial Award for Social Entrepreneurship
University of South Florida Postgraduate Award
2018 marks the 70th Anniversary of the US UK Fulbright Commission. To celebrate this landmark occasion for the Commission, a 70th Anniversary Award will be granted to the postgraduate in the All Disciplines category that most embodies Senator Fulbright’s values of international understanding. Additionally, thanks to the generosity of the US UK Fulbright Commission alumni network, one postgraduate in the All Disciplines category who most embodies exceptional ambassadorial qualities fitting of a Fulbright scholar, will be chosen to receive the Fulbright Alumni Award.
Scholar awards are available in the following categories:
- All-disciplines Scholar Awards
- British Heart Foundation Award
- Cancer Research UK Award
- Elon University Scholar Award
- Fight for Sight Research Award
- Lloyd’s of London Insurance Award
- Northern Ireland Public Sector Awards
- Royal College of Surgeons of England Award
- Royal Society of Edinburgh Award
- The Urology Foundation Award
- University of South Florida Postdoctoral Scholar Award
Postgraduate Awards typically offer a contribution towards tuition fees and living costs for one academic year. Scholar Awards typically provide a contribution towards any institutional fees, travel to/from the US, accommodation and general maintenance costs while in the USA. Successful grantees also receive a number of benefits, including sickness and accident coverage and visa sponsorship. There is substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists’ Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July). Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Institute for International Education (IIE) and the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), including Enrichment Seminars and additional travel grant opportunities for scholars to accept guest lecturing invitations at other US institutions. After the grant period is over, Fulbrighters have access to our vast US-UK alumni network and are given the opportunity to attend a range of social and cultural events in the UK.