Wheaton College is a classic, selective, private, coeducational liberal arts college.
The college boasts 1700 students hailing from 40 states and more than 70 countries. Wheaton’s 400 acre campus is ideally located in suburban Norton, Massachusetts, 50 kilometers south of Boston and 30 kilometers north of Providence, Rhode Island.
Wheaton’s rigorous academic offerings include over 100 majors and minors, the most popular including business, economics, film and new media studies, political science, English, history, psychology, biology and neuroscience. Other academic opportunities include internships in every professional field, community service, and study abroad.
More than 220 Wheaton students have won national academic awards since 2000, including 3 Rhodes Scholars.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Norton, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 48%
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Arts; Art History; Business; Chemistry; Biology; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geology; History; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Mathematics; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://www.wheaton.edu/academics/programs/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $63,818
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball