Founded in 1781 by graduates of Princeton University, Washington & Jefferson College is one of the nation’s most historic and distinguished co-ed, four-year colleges of liberal arts and sciences.
The College is committed to developing students one at a time through personal attention. With a student body of 1,500, student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1, and an average class size of 15, W&J helps students build close relationships with professors.
Popular programs include International Business, Economics, Biology, pre-med, pre-law, and International Studies. Washington & Jefferson College is testing optional and offers merit scholarships for academically talented applicants. W&J is located 50 km south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 42%
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Mathematics; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: http://www.washjeff.edu/areas-of-study-1
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $51,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo; Men's Wrestling