As the undergraduate college of the United States Naval Service, the Naval Academy prepares young men and women to become professional officers of competence, character, and compassion in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
Naval Academy students are midshipmen on active duty in the U.S. Navy. They attend the Academy for four years, graduating with Bachelor of Science degrees and then commissioning as Ensigns in the Navy or Second Lieutenants in the Marine Corps.
Naval Academy graduates serve at least five years in the Navy or Marine Corps.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Military
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 7.9%
- Average ACT range: 27-30
- Average SAT range: 1230-1330 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Chemistry; Computer Science; Economics; Engineering; English; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Meteorology; Military Sciences; Oceanography; Physics; Political Science
- Full list of majors available: http://www.usna.edu/Academics/Majors-and-Courses/index.php
- Additional financial aid information: Only US citizens may apply to this institution
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $0; tuition, room, board, and fees paid for by United States Government.
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Gymnastics; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Rifle; Women's Rifle; Men's Rowing; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Men's Wrestling