The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) holds the top ranked Research 1 status of the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UWM prepares students academically and professionally for the global economy. Every student has the opportunity to succeed at UWM with Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. programs in an over 180 disciplines, extensive student resources, world-class faculty, and an outstanding research agenda.
UWM is a premier doctoral research university with 34 doctoral degree programs maintaining high quality research. Undergraduate students also have the opportunity to participate in research through the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP).
Building on a strong tradition of undergraduate research at UWM, the UROP makes it possible for even first- and second-year undergraduates to participate first-hand in the University's research mission.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 80%
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Meteorology; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www4.uwm.edu/academics/programs.cfm
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $32,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball