Located near Downtown Los Angeles, a global center for arts, technology and international trade, the University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities.
USC enrolls one of the largest populations of international students at a US university and offers extensive opportunities for internships and study abroad.
With a strong tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, USC fosters a vibrant culture of public service and encourages students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Region: West
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 11%
- Average ACT range: 31-35
- Average SAT range (with writing included): 1360-1510
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Nutrition; Oceanography; Paleontology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: http://academics.usc.edu/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $75,275
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Men's Water Polo; Women's Water Polo