The University of Rochester is one of the country's leading private research universities.
Rochester operates on a personal scale, creating exceptional opportunities for interdisciplinary study and close work with faculty. The University consistently ranks among the top in federally financed science, engineering, medical, and other research.
The unique Rochester Curriculum invites students to learn what they love, allowing for both focus and flexibility. Its College, School of Arts and Sciences, and Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences are complemented by the Eastman School of Music, Simon Business School, Warner School of Education, and Schools of Medicine and Nursing.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Rochester, New York
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 34%
- Average ACT range: 29-33
- Average SAT range: 1980-2160 (with writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; History; Humanities; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://enrollment.rochester.edu/academics/degrees/
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $64,078
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball