At UNC Wilmington, North Carolina’s coastal university, our mission is inspired by powerful teaching, in-depth applied learning, extensive research, student engagement, creative inquiry, critical thinking, thoughtful expression and responsible citizenship.
Our values encompass a profound belief in excellence, diversity, integrity and innovation, and a profound determination to put students and our community first.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Average ACT range: 25-28
- Average SAT range: 1200-1310
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Nursing; Oceanography; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: http://uncw.edu/academics/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Golf; Men's Golf; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Men's Volleyball; Women's Volleyball; Women's Tennis