The University of Massachusetts Amherst is one of the top public universities in the USA.
We currently rank number 24 in a field of more than 700 public, four-year colleges and universities in the USA in the U.S. News & World Report’s annual college guide, and the Princeton Review has ranked UMass Amherst number one in their “Best Campus Food” list for four straight years. Our students are bright, bold, unconventional thinkers.
Founded in 1863, we are a home to over 23,000 undergraduates from more than 75 countries. Our goal is to educate and prepare responsible and globally-engaged citizens to succeed in a highly connected and competitive world.
We offer a vast array of programs, many counted among the top in their field, and consider qualified undergraduate international students for academic-based scholarships. Plus, we are located in Amherst Massachusetts, one of the safest and most beautiful college towns in the USA! Please consider joining the UMass family.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Amherst, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 55%
- Average ACT range: 25-30
- Average SAT range: 1150-1300
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Agriculture; Anthropology; Architecture; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Forestry; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Urban Studies; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://www.umass.edu/gateway/academics/undergraduate
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $52,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis