University of Iowa
The University of Iowa is a world-class, Tier 1 research university with more than 32,000 students including 3,000 international students.
Academics. Iowa offers majors, minors, and certificates in more than 200 areas of study. Some of the most popular majors include business, engineering, biology, psychology, and English.
There is a reason over 3,000 international students choose the University of Iowa. The University of Iowa is in a great college town.
Vibrant. The Iowa City area is beautiful, pedestrian-friendly, and laced with miles of scenic bike trails. The Iowa River is a focal point of the campus and the community.
Cultured. Find great restaurants, eclectic book stores, and abundant venues for dance, theatre, and music. For more details about where to go when you get to town, visit the Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
Accessible. We're within a five-hour drive of Chicago, Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, and St. Louis, and Making Travel Arrangements is a breeze.
Fun. Annual activities near campus include the Iowa City Block Party, Friday Night Concert Series, and Jazz Festival downtown. There's also multiple arts fests, several film festivals, and outdoor movie screenings throughout the summer.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Iowa City, Iowa
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 11%
- Average ACT range: 23-28
- Average SAT range: 1060-1268 (without writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Marketing; Mathematics; Management; Medical Sciences; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Relations/Affairs; Public Health; Public Policy; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://admissions.uiowa.edu/academics/undergraduate-areas-of-study
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Baseball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Men's Gymnastics; Women's Gymnastics; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling