Established in 1872, The University of Toledo is home to nearly 20,000 students.
Learn from world-class faculty, participate in cutting-edge research and start a career in a high-earning field. Safe, beautiful campus that melds modern amenities with historic charm. With more than 230 programs, 13 colleges and students from 88 countries, your new home will be diverse and welcoming.
UToledo excels in a number of scientific research areas: astronomy and astrophysics, cell architecture, solar energy, sustainable technologies and water quality. Our Engineering co-op program is listed as one of the best in the world. Fiinance program boasts a trading room with student-managed portfolio of $2.8 million.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Toledo, Ohio
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 95%
- Average ACT range: 18-25
- Average SAT range: 1350-1730 (with writing included)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Criminal Justice; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://www.utoledo.edu/programs
- Financial aid information: Merit-based scholarships, full information can be found here: https://www.utoledo.edu/admission/international/
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $32,345
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball