The New School is a legendary progressive university in New York City that also has a campus in Paris, France.
From the start, we've aspired to be open to dissenting opinions and the avant-garde in scholarship and the arts. Students from around the world come to Greenwich Village and The New School to participate in an intellectual life of critical analysis and experimentation.
Learning is driven by discussion in classes led by faculty known for their creative, interdisciplinary approach to problem solving. Visit and engage with The New School, find more information, and apply for one of our rigorous, selective programs in art and design, social science, liberal arts, management and public policy, media, or performing arts in our following schools: Parsons School of Design, The Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts, Parsons Paris, College of Performing Arts, Mannes School of Music, School of Jazz, School of Drama, The New School for Social Research, Schools of Public Engagement.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York, New York; Paris, France
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College; Specialist Institution; American University Abroad
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 60%
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Architecture; Art History; Arts; Business; Design; Fashion Design; Environmental Sciences; Liberal Arts; Marketing; Urban Planning; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.newschool.edu/academics/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost at NYC campus (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $55,000 to $60,000 per year
- Estimated yearly cost at Paris campus (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $42,000 to $48,000 per year