The Morehead-Cain provides an undergraduate experience without peer, fully funding four years and four summers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The Morehead-Cain is the first full merit scholarship program in the United States, founded at the country’s first public university. And for seven decades the Program has provided Morehead-Cain Scholars from around the world with unrivaled opportunities and educational experiences.
It promises full tuition, student fees, housing, meals, books, a laptop, supplies, and miscellaneous expenses. It includes a four-year Summer Enrichment Program made up of diverse, customized experiences that begin the summer before freshman year and include Outdoor Leadership, Public Service, Inquiry and Exploration, Private Enterprise, and Discovery Funds to be used for education opportunities.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill--one of the top five public universities in the United States--is home to a vibrant student body, and the Morehead-Cain allows scholars the freedom to pursue their own interests, mine their own potential, and have their own impact. We fund, we connect, and we encourage. Scholars bring the potential—we set it free.
The following details pertain to general admission to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:
- Region: South
- Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 28%
- Average ACT range: 27-32
- Average SAT range: 1790-2090
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; History; Humanities; Languages; Linguistics; Mathematics; Military Sciences; Music; Nutrition; Pharmacology; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning
- Full list of majors available: http://www.unc.edu/departments/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $43,091
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports:Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Gymnastics; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling