AMDA provides rigorous, performance-based training and an industry-focused education experience; one that inspires excellence and prepares artists with an appreciation for the universal power of transformation through art.
AMDA's educational philosophy is based on close collegial interaction between instructors and students — in class, in production and through active mentorship.
AMDA is committed to providing an unsurpassed performing arts education to a diverse community of creative artists. AMDA serves as both school and stage, where students are given the support and opportunity to define their own personal objectives and to develop and refine their own distinctive artistic voices.
AMDA strives to create an environment for students to develop the skills, confidence, imagination, and power to contribute to their community as artists, entrepreneurs, visionaries, lifelong learners, and conscientious citizens of the world. Above all, AMDA wants to teach students that commitment and passion are the hallmarks of a successful and joyous career.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: New York, New York
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 31%
- Average ACT range: N/A
- Average SAT range: N/A
- Test optional?: Yes
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Arts; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Liberal Arts; Music
- Full list of majors available: https://www.amda.edu/programs
- International students are eligible for: merit/talent-based scholarship, need-based financial aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $50,300
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: N/A
- Varsity sports: N/A