Suffolk University is a comprehensive private university, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in the College of Arts and Sciences, the Sawyer Business School, and the Law School.
Suffolk's urban campus is in historic Beacon Hill, a secure residential neighborhood near the state capitol building and the city's business district. The University also offers an international branch in Madrid, Spain where students can either start their university studies and spend up to two years in Madrid or study for a semester or year throughout their university career.
The University's excellent academic programs emphasize quality teaching, small class size and real-world career applications. There are over 5,290 undergraduate students from 44 different states; 23% are international hailing from over 100 different countries. Suffolk offers more than 80 active student clubs and organizations, student-run publications, a strong performing arts program, numerous special events, lectures and community service opportunities.
Suffolk is a diverse university where students can take advantage of its exclusive downtown Boston location and over 70% of the students get an internship to apply their classroom learning to the real-world.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 77%
- Average ACT score: 23
- Average SAT score: 1570 (with writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Economics; English; Environmental Sciences; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.suffolk.edu/academics.php
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $52,312
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Ice Hockey; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball