Since its founding in 1871, Smith College has provided women of high ability and promise an education of uncompromising quality.
A world-class faculty of scholars are fully engaged with their students' intellectual development, and an open curriculum encourages each student to explore many fields of knowledge.
Mentors for scholarship, leadership and service, across all spectrums of endeavor, allow Smith students to observe different models of achievement, then set their own course with conviction.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Northhampton, Massachusetts
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College; Women's Collegeg
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 45%
- Average ACT range: 28-31
- Average SAT score: 1340
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Liberal Arts
- Full list of majors available: http://www.smith.edu/acad_programs_depts.php
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $69,064
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Softball; Women's Basketball; Women's Field Hockey; Women's Football / Soccer; Women's Lacrosse; Women's Rowing; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball