International students choose Salve for the same reasons that U.S. students do: great teaching, great facilities and great location.
Salve ranks among the 50 Most Beautiful Colleges in America (Architectural Digest). Our historic buildings and arboretum overlook the Atlantic Ocean in Newport, Rhode Island, home of world-class sailing, the International Tennis Hall of Fame and iconic summer music festivals – 1½ hours from Boston.
The University has 2,700 students from 20 countries, 40 academic programs (including combined bachelor-master’s degrees and a five-year MBA), a 13:1 student-faculty ratio, internship, research and study abroad options, two newly renovated academic centers with technology-supported classrooms, labs and art studios, and more than 70 student organizations.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Newport, Rhode Island
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 68%
- Average ACT range: 24-28
- Average SAT range: 1110-1240
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Criminal Justice; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Engineering (3+2); Education; English; Environmental Sciences; History; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Medical Sciences; Nursing; Philosophy; Political Science; Psychology; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.salve.edu/degree-finder
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $60,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Equestrian; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Ice Hockey; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball