Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA, and is the nation’s 9th largest private not-for-profit university with a current enrollment of 27,000 students from 104 countries, and a global network of 162,000 alumni in more than 112 countries.
NSU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate’s, baccalaureate, master’s, educational specialist, doctorate, and professional degrees from its 16 colleges that include: Arts, Sciences and Humanities, Natural Sciences and Oceanography, Psychology, Education, Business and Entrepreneurship, Engineering and Computing, Law, Medical Science, Health Care Sciences, Nursing, Osteopathic Medicine, Allopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Dental Medicine, Optometry and Honors College.
NSU’s unique dual admission program allows qualified undergraduate students to reserve a seat in one of the university’s graduate or professional schools while they earn their bachelor’s degrees.
- Region: Southeast
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 53%
- Average ACT score: 25
- Average SAT score: 1120
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Museum Studies; Music; Nursing; Oceanography; Pharmacology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Veterinary Medicine
- Full list of majors available: http://www.nova.edu/undergraduate/academics/college-majors.html
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $37,340
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division II
- Varsity sports: Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball