Northwestern University is located 20 kilometers north of downtown Chicago on the shore of Lake Michigan in the urban college town of Evanston, Illinois. The diverse undergraduate population comprises around 8500 students from over 70 countries.
Northwestern University is located 20 kilometers north of downtown Chicago on the shore of Lake Michigan in the urban college town of Evanston, Illinois. The diverse undergraduate population comprises around 8000 students from over 70 countries.
The university features six undergraduate schools: arts and sciences, engineering, journalism, communication, music, education and social policy. The flexible quarter system allows students to participate in field experiences, internships, research, and programs combining work and study.
Extra-curricular opportunities include over 450 clubs in areas such as the arts, civic engagement, media, politics, and Division 1 varsity athletics.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Evanston, Illinois
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 9%
- Average ACT range: 31-34
- Average SAT range: 2080-2310
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Linguistics; Literature; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.northwestern.edu/academics/undergraduate-a-to-z.html
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $72,980
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Women's Basketball; Men's Basketball; Women's Cross Country; Women's Fencing; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling