Founded in 1855, Michigan State University is one of the top 100 research universities in the world.
It is listed in various national publications as one of the top universities in the United States for numerous programs, including business, accounting, hospitality business, international relations, advertising, journalism, economics, communication, criminal justice and nuclear physics.
MSU has an enrollment of more than 50,000 students and is home to nearly 7,500 international students representing more than 130 countries. MSU offers more than 200 programs of study. MSU is located in East Lansing, Michigan, once voted as one of the “friendliest cities” in the United States.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 60%
- Average ACT range: 24-28
- Average SAT range: 1030-1210
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Agriculture; Anthropology; Architecture; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Fisheries; Forestry; Gender Studies; Genetics; Geography; Geology; History; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Military Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Nutrition; Philosophy; Physics; Physiology; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Urban Planning; Veterinary Medicine; Zoology
- Full list of majors available: http://admissions.msu.edu/academics/majors_list.asp
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarships
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $57,018
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports:Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Gymnastics; Men's Ice Hockey; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling
College Day exhibitors you may also want to consider
- Purdue University
- Indiana University
- New York University (NYU)
- Syracuse University