Loyola Marymount University (LMU) is a Catholic University founded on the Catholic Jesuit and Marymount traditions of liberal education: academic excellence, the formation of the whole person, and the promotion of justice.
Established in 1911, LMU is a highly regarded, comprehensive university with an atmosphere more like that of a small college. Consistently ranked among the best universities of its kind by U.S. News & World Report, LMU balances a challenging liberal arts and sciences curriculum with outstanding professional programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
LMU is located within Los Angeles, California, near the Pacific Ocean and Los Angeles International Airport, and welcomes students from all spiritual, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. With a student-faculty ratio of 11:1 and average class size of 21, students have the opportunity to work closely with faculty who are active in their fields and dedicated to teaching.
- Region: West
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 47% (total), 50% (international)
- Average ACT score: 28
- Average SAT score: 1320
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Archaeology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: https://www.lmu.edu/academics/degrees/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $70,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I