We are a top liberal arts and engineering college, dedicated to undergraduates who want hands-on experience to address real-world issues across interdisciplinary teams.
Cur Non is our rally cry at Lafayette College. The motto of the Marquis de Lafayette, our namesake, Cur Non means Why Not. Why not have the courage to live boldly? Why not engage in every aspect of learning? Why not use your intellect, energy and talent to find your place in the world? Cur Non means anything is possible at Lafayette.
We are a top liberal arts and engineering college, dedicated to undergraduates who want hands-on experience to address real-world issues across interdisciplinary teams. If you want to learn skill sets, then ask why. If you want to develop a mindset, then ask why not.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 31%
- Average ACT range: 29-33
- Average SAT range: 1320-1440
- Test optional? Yes, for Fall 2021 admissions cycle
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology, Art History, Arts, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Drama/Theatre Arts, Economics, Ethnic/Cultural Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Film/Cinema Studies, Gender Studies, Geology, History, Humanities, International Relations, Languages, Liberal Arts, Literature, Mathematics, Music, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy, Sociology, Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: https://fyreg.lafayette.edu/explore-majors-and-programs/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship; need-based aid
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $70,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football, Men's Athletics / Track and Field, Women's Athletics / Track and field, Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Women's Equestrian, Men's Fencing, Women's Field Hockey, Men's Football / Soccer, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Men's Lacrosse, Women's Lacrosse, Men's Rowing, Women's Rowing, Men's Swimming and Diving, Women''s Swimming and Diving, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Women's Volleyball