Kenyon College, located in Gambier, Ohio, is a unique academic community where collaboration rather than competition is the guiding spirit.
As one of the nation’s finest liberal-arts colleges, Kenyon is also selective in admissions and passionate in its teaching, scholarship, and dedication to involving students in shaping their own education.
Among Kenyon’s compelling features: a classic college town; a welcoming and talented student body; a well-deserved reputation as a great place for writers; state-of-the-art facilities; an exceptional faculty; and an interesting and successful alumni group. The college calls itself "the perfect place to learn in the company of friends amongst a community of scholars.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Gambier, Ohio
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 27%
- Average ACT range: 29-33
- Average SAT range: 1860-2170
- Test Optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; History; Humanities; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.kenyon.edu/academics/departments-programs/available-majors-minors-and-concentrations/
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $63,300
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball