Johns Hopkins University
The Johns Hopkins undergraduate experience is all about exploration and discovery, for all students in every major.
Through hands-on investigation, our students work in every discipline and with every subject imaginable, from Beowulf to bioengineering. Hopkins students have the opportunity to make their own discoveries and receive the guidance they need to get there: in groups; through faculty mentorships; and through internships, study abroad, and the cultural connections of one of the most exciting cities around.
Outside of the classroom, students are active and engaged on a lively campus, involved in activities from dance or singing groups to international service organizations. The admissions committee approaches applications from a holistic perspective, evaluating the ‘whole student.’
We look for students who will bring something to the campus community while taking advantage of all Johns Hopkins has to offer.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College; Specialist Institution
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 10%
- Average ACT range: 32-35
- Average SAT range: 1480-1560
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Art History; Arts; Biology; Biomedical Engineering; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; History; International Relations; Languages; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://apply.jhu.edu/discover/majors-minors/
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship, meets 100% demonstrated need for international students.
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $58,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III
- Additional division information: Lacrosse is a Division I sport at this institution
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Fencing; Women's Fencing; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Lacrosse; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Men's Wrestling