Founded in 1820, Indiana University in Bloomington is the flagship campus of Indiana University with an enrollment of 48,000 students (over 6,500 of whom are international students).
Innovation, creativity, and academic freedom are hallmarks of IU-Bloomington while education and research are the core missions of the University. Indiana University is a leading university in diverse areas such as music, business, the arts and humanities, life sciences, law, technology, computer and information sciences, education, journalism, and public and international affairs.
The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the United States, with twenty degree programs ranked among the top ten, including the Kelley School of Business, Jacobs School of Music, and School of Public & Environmental Science. The campus has been called one of the five most beautiful in the nation.
- Region: Midwest
- Location: Bloomington, Indiana
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Public
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 76%
- Average ACT range: 26-31
- Average SAT range: 1190-1360 (without writing included)
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Criminal Justice; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Geography; Geology; History; Hospitality, Travel & Tourism; Information Sciences/Systems; International Relations; Journalism; Labour/Industrial Relations; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Linguistics; Literature; Management; Marketing; Mathematics; Music; Neuroscience; Nursing; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Public Health; Public Policy; Public Relations/Affairs; Social Work; Sociology; Theology/Religion; Urban Planning; Urban Studies
- Full list of majors available: http://www.iub.edu/academic/majors/all.shtml
- International students are eligible for: Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $50,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Women's Softball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Women's Field Hockey; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Golf; Women's Rowing; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Women's Volleyball; Women's Water Polo; Men's Wrestling