Hawai'i Pacific University (HPU) is a private, nonprofit university on the island of O'ahu, with urban and tropical campuses.
Fusing the university's unmatched cultural diversity with personal support and a deliberately intimate learning environment, HPU enables students to get up-close and personal with the subjects they’re most passionate about. And when they do, when they look closer, they are empowered to see further and to do more. It’s how we ensure our graduates enter a competitive global workplace market-ready.
- Region: West
- Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 75%
- Average ACT: 18 (English score)
- Average SAT: 450 (EBRW)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application Accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, General Business, Business Economics, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism Management, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Chemistry), Communication Studies, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Diplomacy and Military Studies, East West Humanities, Electrical Engineering, Elementary Education, English, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, History, Human Resource Development, Integrated Multimedia, International Studies, Marine Biology, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Multimedia Cinematic Production, Nursing, Oceanography, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Social Work, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Full list of majos available: https://www.hpu.edu/academics/areas-of-study/index.html
- International students are eligible for: merit-based scholarship and need-based aid.
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $54,220
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division II
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Men's Football / Soccer, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Men's Volleyball, Women's Volleyball