Hawai'i Pacific University
Hawai'i Pacific University (HPU) is a private, nonprofit university on the island of O'ahu, with urban and tropical campuses.
Established in 1965, HPU is home to over 5,000 students from Hawai'i, the mainland, and over 70 countries around the world. HPU is an international learning community set in the rich cultural context of Hawai'i. Students from around the world join us for an American education built on a liberal arts foundation. Our innovative undergraduate and graduate programs anticipate the changing needs of the community and prepare our graduates to live, work, and learn as active members of a global society.
- Region: West
- Location: Honolulu, Hawai'i
- Campus setting: Urban
- Type of institution: Private
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 11%
- Average ACT: 18 (English score)
- Average SAT: 450 (EBRW)
- Test optional? Yes
- Common Application Accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, General Business, Business Economics, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism Management, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Chemistry), Communication Studies, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Diplomacy and Military Studies, East West Humanities, Electrical Engineering, Elementary Education, English, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, History, Human Resource Development, Integrated Multimedia, International Studies, Marine Biology, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Multimedia Cinematic Production, Nursing, Oceanography, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Social Work, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Full list of majos available: https://www.hpu.edu/academics/areas-of-study/index.html
- International students are eligible for: merit-based scholarship and need-based aid.
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $47,666
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division II
- Varsity sports: Men's Baseball, Women's Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Cross Country, Women's Cross Country, Men's Football / Soccer, Women's Football / Soccer, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Men's Volleyball, Women's Volleyball