As a premier four-year residential liberal-arts institution chartered in 1783, Dickinson pairs its revolutionary foundation with an eye toward the future, ever preparing its graduates to face the challenges and complexities of the 21st century by incorporating a global vision that permeates the entire student experience, as well as positioning itself as a recognized leader among educational institutions committed to sustainability and green initiatives.
The college offers 45 majors plus minors and certificate programs, independent research, internships and Army ROTC.
Dickinson runs 15 study-abroad programs in 13 countries and more than half of students study abroad.
Students participate in 25 varsity sports teams within the NCAA Division III Centennial Conference (including men’s and women’s intercollegiate squash).
More than 120 student-run clubs are available, including music and drama, publications, fraternities and sororities and religious, political, special-interest and community-service organizations.
- Region: Northeast
- Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Campus setting: Rural
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 47%
- Average ACT range: 28-31
- Average SAT range: 1240-1380 (without writing included)
- Test optional?: No
- Common Application accepted?: Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Art History; Arts; Astronomy; Biology; Business; Chemistry; Computer Science; Creative Writing; Dance; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; History; Humanities; International Relations; Journalism; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Mathematics; Military Sciences; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Music; Physics; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.dickinson.edu/homepage/199/academic_programs
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $73,854
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division III