Davidson is a liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Charlotte, North Carolina.
The college offers numerous opportunities for academic growth, leadership development and community involvement. Students participate in Davidson’s 150+ club and organizations, perform in the arts, and engage athletics through intramural, club, and NCAA Division I athletic teams.
The college offers 27 majors and 17 minors, and students take advantage of many community-based learning courses, entrepreneurial experiences, internships and research opportunities. Whether you are collaborating in the science lab or discussing economic policy, you will learn from professors committed to your intellectual growth and success.
- Region: South
- Location: Davidson, North Carolina
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Private; Liberal Arts College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 20%
- Average ACT range: 30-34
- Average SAT range: 1280-1500 (without writing included)
- Test optional? No
- Common Application accepted? Yes
- Areas of study offered include: Anthropology; Archaeology; Area Studies; Arts; Biology; Chemistry; Communications; Computer Science; Dance; Design; Drama/Theatre Arts; Economics; Education; Ethnic/Cultural Studies; English; Environmental Sciences; Film/Cinema Studies; Gender Studies; Genetics; History; Humanities; Languages; Law; Liberal Arts; Literature; Mathematics; Medical Sciences; Music; Neuroscience; Philosophy; Physics; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology; Theology/Religion
- Full list of majors available: http://www.fordham.edu/info/20199/departments_and_programs
- International students are eligible for: Need-based aid; Merit-based scholarship
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $70,714
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: NCAA - Division I
- Varsity sports: Men's American Football; Men's Athletics / Track and Field; Women's Athletics / Track and Field; Men's Baseball; Men's Basketball; Women's Basketball; Men's Cross Country; Women's Cross Country; Men's Football / Soccer; Women's Football / Soccer; Men's Golf; Women's Lacrosse; Men's Swimming and Diving; Women's Swimming and Diving; Men's Tennis; Women's Tennis; Men's Wrestling