College of the Canyons is part of the California Community College system, which is comprised of 114 colleges serving nearly 2.1 million students throughout the state.
Better known as COC, the college is located in Santa Clarita, California, about 30 miles north of downtown Los Angeles, and covers a 367-square-mile service area. It offers nearly 170 associate degree and certificate programs, and serves 32,000 students per year at campuses in Valencia and Canyon Country, as well as online.
- Region: West
- Location: Santa Clarita, California
- Campus setting: Suburban
- Type of institution: Community College
Admissions information and areas of study offered
- Percentage of students admitted: 100%
- Average ACT: n/a
- Average SAT: n/a
- Common Application accepted? No
- Areas of study offered include: Accounting/Finance; Anthropology; Arts; Biology; Business; Communications; Drama/Theatre; Education; Engineering; English; Environmental Sciences; Geography; History; Journalism; Languages, Liberal Arts; Mathematics; Nursing; Music; Philosophy; Physics; Psychology; Sociology
- Full list of majors available: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/counseling/degrees/majors.php
- Estimated yearly cost (including tuition, board, room and student fees): $25,000
- Athletic association for the majority of sports: CCCAA
- Varsity sports: n/a